Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Who really reads this anyway?

I haven't blogged in quite sometime. Mainly because......who really even reads it? I mean I may copy the link to my Facebook page and a handful will take the time.....but really why am I blogging? What is the purpose? Is it having any impact? Does it make a difference? Is it thought provoking? Seriously. If I am to ask people to take the time to read it........then shouldn't it be profound? Ahhhhh. The pressure I inflict on myself daily. So I allow my worries and debating to debilitate me into submission of non-blogging.

So here I am. Ready for my 3rd trip back to my second home......and yes it feels like home. Isn't "home is where the heart is" an old school but real statement? Well. Haiti has a chunk of my heart and my kiddos there have a chunk of it too!!! I sure do love my Haitian angels. I cannot wait to be back with them........singing and playing and hugging and laughing and hugging and celebrating Jesus together. Such an amazing expression of Gods unequivocal love for us.......because those children are not hiding their love or their desperate need for it. I mean they have the love of our Father but they yearn for the love of a family of a mother or father or just to be important to someone, anyone. And oh my oh my are some of them especially important to me!! I have a running list in my head of who I have to locate and love on and kiss on when I arrive there in just 25 days!!!! First.......my Sophia. That girl has my heart in a way that makes me believe that she was meant to be my daughter......and I'm to love and pray for her and do all I can for her as her maman (mother). And Eidson. Oh my sweet no pants wearing hip hugging big cheese grinning Eidson. He was the first one to catch my eye almost 2 years ago. He was half naked, fighting off scabies, not a happy little man, throwing fits and peeing on you if you allowed him into your lap........yup, this was the first one to capture my heart. We meshed well, maybe something to do with the attitude. Maybe. Flash forward a year and wow what a difference 11 months makes. He was grinning and happy, he still pee'd on me but I was glad. It's almost like marking his territory and he was claiming me yet again. And then Midarly. Ah. She was none too happy our first week together. Quiet, shy, sad, quiet very quiet.......but she climbed on for dear life and didn't want to let go. Then last year------what a beautiful change!!! She was happy and laughing and dancing and spunky, still quiet but my little petunia had bloomed!!! And Sania. Sania. Sania. I cannot wait to hear her yelling PamEEEla! That girl has personality that the Kardashians couldn't compete with, she is a firecracker that pops and booms regularly------and there's guaranteed joy when she does. She warms my heart in her own special way! And then I can't forget my boyfriend Wiligens, always happy to shyly steal a kiss on the cheek but always being the quiet one.........just pleased to be near by and always happy to hold hands. And Vesne and Saint Fey and Beatrice and Merlin and so so many others!

And even though they don't know I'm coming.......I know I won't be disappointed when I get there. It'll be like a walking surprise party when I get off the bus.......they are delighted to have our groups come in and spend time with them and love on them but something magical happens when there are repeat visitors.......they know the love must brew real, like really real because you came back. You found them worthy of another week of your time......you cared enough to make the trip and get back to them, even if for a short time. They know and they understand and it matters to them.......because they SEE AND FEEL that they matter to us!!!

So I'm going back. 3 rd trip. Completely paid for (yet again) with the generosity of others and from my donations from family sessions. I have been blessed more than my share by making 2 trips and now preparing for the 3rd. I am so so grateful that God has a way to use me in Haiti and that I get to open my heart for these sweet precious kiddies. I don't feel worthy of such an amazing experience.......the most amazing journey He has had me on for sure.

So I'm going. My mom is going back to. Praying I will blog more and share more. I just never feel I have the right words to say what is all a jumbled emotional mess in my heart when I think to Haiti. But I really should share because sharing is caring and Haiti is way to amazing to keep to myself.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment