Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A month since my last post.....so much to share!

Wow! I don't even know where/how to begin! Since my last post, my life has been turned upside down and inside out. And can I say "Wow!! It feels good!". I love it! I love what God is doing! I love what God has planned for me! I love this crazy journey God called me to go on and the adventure it still IS!

I have been back from Haiti for 17 days. And it feels like an eternity. It has dragged on and on, because I am ready to go back. I was ready to go back the minute I boarded the plane in Port Au Prince headed back to Florida. I was already praying and begging God to show me another path back to Haiti! Back to the sweet souls that stole my heart forever! Back to the place that shows so much promise of LIGHT in the midst of so much seen DARKNESS. Haiti is a beautiful country, with beautiful people that have beautiful hearts......and beautiful CHILDREN OF GOD!!! I thought I was slightly passionate about Haiti before going......I thought I loved orphans and expressed a love for them before going......I thought I would enjoy my mission trip and that it would be a great experience. APPARENTLY, I didn't give God enough credit for what He was about to do. I knew I'd be forever changed.....but WHOA!!! Total change overload for this momma!!!

"Sometimes God demands radical measures when He wants to bring about radical results. I may look silly, but I'm a walking miracle experiencing the power of God."----Beth Moore






Meet Edison. The first orphan to steal my heart in Jeremie......

When we arrived at the orphanage, the children were all gathered on the porch of one of the duplexes singing. They sang beautiful songs in Haitian Creole, they prayed over us in Creole, then they recited ALL of Psalm 91 in Haitian Creole--together, out loud. It was powerful! The whole time this was going on....I couldn't take my eyes off of this precious little man. He wasn't wearing any pants, his head had scabs from where he had scratched himself raw (scabies outbreak) and his little face was dirty......melted my heart!! In that moment I experienced real AGAPE love!! I didn't care if he got me dirty, I didn't care if he gave me scabies, I didn't care if he pee'd on me.....I only cared about scooping him up and loving on him the same way I love on my children. Because HE is God's son! He is God's chosen child! He deserves nothing less than the BEST I have to give to him in the time I am there to be with him......because GOD gave us HIS BEST!! He gave us His ONLY SON! So who was I to deny this precious soul my love and attention because of some bugs, dirt and urine. I couldn't and wouldn't and he was worth it all!!!!


And Edison.....needed to be loved on. There was such a "need" in his eyes for that touch of love. A need to be held and paid attention to.......to know that he could be loved. Edison didn't seem to favor anyone of us more than another that I could see. I did see that wherever there was an empty set of arms available to hold him.......there he was too! Many times I looked down feeling a tug on my skirt.....and this was the face I would see.


Sweet Sweet Edison. Needing to be held and loved and cared about. Sweet Edison doesn't know it but he touched many hearts while we were there visiting. He definitely touched mine. I pray for this precious baby every day....I pray that he will feel love every day, that he will he held and kissed every day.....and that one day God will find him a forever family to love him always. But I know that I will always love him myself.....because he showed me more than he'll ever understand. And for that.....I will always be grateful.

I love you sweet Edison. God bless you baby boy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Pam..very sweet story! I am looking forward to following this path of mission. Can this little boy be adopted?? God showed up for sure!! Love you sister and love your sweet heart!
    Melody Vaudrey

    ReplyDelete