Saturday, July 10, 2010

5 more days.....

Haiti Countdown: 5 days

In my Mission Journal tonight, it had a very inspiring verse from Genesis. And it was in the translation from The Message, which I love!

God told Abram: "Leave your country, your family, and your father's home for a land that I will show you. I'll make you a great nation and bless you. I'll make you famous; you'll be a blessing. I'll bless those who bless you; those who curse you I will curse. All the families of the Earth will be blessed through you."

Amazing to read that and to pray over it!! And then it went on to Luke 6:8 and says "Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back---given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity."

I love how it says "Give away your life". Give it away. God gave us so much!! He gave us His ONLY son!!! What do we give Him in return?? What do we do to show him our gratitude and thanks for such a sacrifice? We need to bless and be blessed....because God blessed us and He is blessed.

Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your name!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment