Friday, April 30, 2010

And to think I was EVER nervous???

Okay. So just yesterday morning I was nervous. I was a tad apprehensive. Never stressed or worried, just aware that there is more money to be raised and I have 5-6 weeks to do it. Money is tight for us as a family. Tony is self employed and the only one bringing home any bacon. Now, we pay our bills and we get by but we knew that me going to Haiti wouldn't be money we could just "earn". I knew I was going to have to get creative and come up with some serious money to ease the burden of taking it from "family funds". So began the "how" of the journey to Haiti. I already know WHY I desire to go, I can't wait to see WHY God wants me to go, but HOW I was going was a whole seperate issue.

As I said in my earlier post, I was blessed to have my Uncle Lenny jumpstart my mission trip funding. He apparently saw something in my heart that moved him to jump in. I felt blessed that I had a great start to my little mission. But after that meeting Wed night, I got on my FaceBook and posted that I still need to raise more money. The responses I got floored me! I have a friend who is willing to cut me in on a percentage of his live entertainment ticket sales. A friend who is willing to do haircuts at a great price and give me all the money. And a friend who budgeted her money and is offering me a large chunk of money. I am floored. I tend to get embarrased by birthday gifts, etc. So to have these lovely friends offer up to me what they have is very humbling. I'm thinking that may be part of God's plan in this. I mean I did ask for help.....God found some warm hearts He knew would help, so why am I questioning their WHY?? I believe God told me to go to Haiti, so I should equally believe God told them to help me get there----right?

So now, my trip is completely covered!! The only part I still have to cover is the imuunizations and clothes to take. I've been in awe the last 24 hours of God's goodness!! He's good ALL OF THE TIME. And never ceases to amaze me!

To all those who have had a hand in getting me to Haiti, THANK YOU!!! For all the one's who will be stepping in and helping out with the rest, THANK YOU!!! To the ones who are going to love on my babies and hubby while I am gone, THANK YOU!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! For YOUR faithfulness! Your faithfulness in the Lord and your faith in me and my mission.

1 comment: